HOW TO START A RADIO STATION
A few years ago, I was trying to launch a radio station. I told my first cousin about it. However, She told me people have iTunes and don’t need that. I am glad I didn’t listen to her.
Running my radio station prepared me for working at a traditional radio station. I know how to create broadcast-ready shows. I am a DJ at Jamz 99.3 FM.
Contact me to syndicate The Party Connect.
I am going to teach you how to launch your radio station.
- Think of a name for your radio station
- Go to www.godaddy.com and buy a domain for your radio station. Godaddy charges $1.99 for your first year and $14.99 the year after.
- Find a site to host your radio station. You can connect your Godaddy Domain to Weebly, Squarespace, and you don’t have to be a programmer. If you need help, contact me at https://www.renaldocreative.com/contact.
- If you plan to play commercial music, you need a license. Learn more at https://spacial.com/stream-licensing-internet-radio-stations. You don’t need an FCC license for digital radio.
- www.live365.com charges $56.00 per month, and that includes the license. I recommend Live 365.
- www.radio.co is good but doesn’t provide licenses. Plans start at $25.00 with great value.
- Grab your music from iTunes, Bandcamp, etc.